Scheduled by the WIM Professional Development Co-chairs at UPC and HSC, these workshops are intended to provide members and guests with skills and knowledge for both personal and professional development. In addition, these workshops provide a great networking opportunity. We are always looking for ideas, so please send your recommendations to the current Professional Development Co-chairs.
Recent events include:
- Women and Investing Workshops with Ling Wang, Senior Financial Consultant, TIAA-CREF (April 16 and 27, 2018)
- Interview Skills with Nicola Franklin, Talent Acquisitions Operations Director, tronc (March 27, 2018)
- Workshop on Salary Negotiation with Sabrina Pasztor, Assistant Professor of Clinical Business Communication, USC Marshall School of Business (February 9, 2018)
- Super Charging Your Life Using Strengths: The Professional and Personal Benefits of a Strength-Based Mindset with Anna Quyen Do Nguyen, Director of Internship Training, USC Davis School of Gerontology (November 29, 2017)
- Introduction to Mindfulness with Reverend Jim Burklo, Senior Associate Dean of Religious Life, USC (November 2 and September 28, 2017)
- Career Advancement Strategies with Nicola Franklin, Talent Acquisitions Operations Director, tronc (October 17, 2017)
- Joy, Success, and Meaning: Creating the Balance You Desire with Kristine Moe (Associate Director for Undergraduate Programs, USC Gould School of Law), Anna Quyen Do Nguyen (Director of Internship Training, USC Davis School of Gerontology), and Elaine Padilla (Associate Director, MBA Admissions, USC Marshall School of Business) (August 17, 2017)
- Using Google Drive with Ginger Mayerson, Administrative Budget Assistant, Annenberg School of Journalism (August 9, 2017)
- Biking in LA with J Bray-Ali, Small Business Owner (August 8, 2017)
- Learning Google Hangouts with Ginger Mayerson, Administrative Budget Assistant, Annenberg School of Journalism (August 2, 2017)
- Yoga Breathing for Health and Happiness with Lisa Moncure, Yoga Teacher (July 18, 2017)
Cost varies, members receive a discount or are free.