- INFORMATION SESSION: Wednesday, May 4, 2022 (details, here)
- APPLICATION* DEADLINE: Friday, May 20, 2022
- NOTIFICATIONS: Applicants approved for funding will be notified on or about the end of May 2022.
In keeping with its mission and vision, Women in Management (WIM) offers its members the opportunity to apply for financial support in pursuit of professional development for the advancement of professional goals. In addition to providing professional growth for the individual, applicants interested in receiving financial support from WIM must demonstrate that the support will be used for an opportunity that aligns with WIM’s mission and vision.
Examples of possible opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Career-related seminars and conferences.
- Books or tuition for an ongoing or upcoming degree program.
- Continuing education or professional certification courses.
The Application Review Committee selects which requests will be funded, and whether those selected will be fully or partially funded.
- Applicant must be a WIM member in good standing.
- Requests may be made for expenses incurred from January 1, 2022 through May 31, 2022.
- Successful applicants must be able to submit proof of attendance/completion and/or purchase by the deadline specified in the application.
The personal statement section of the application (minimum 500 words) must include:
- The nature of the request.
- How the request will contribute to the applicant’s personal career growth.
- How the request aligns to WIM’s mission and vision.
The completed application form must also include:
- Letter of support from a current or former USC supervisor; or
- Academic advisor/faculty.
A virtual information session has been scheduled for interested applicants. Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions and learn tips on how to write a strong personal statement. Visit Upcoming Events under the Calendar tab to register for the information session.
Contact WIM Board Co-Vice President, Alicia Cornish, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
*Download the spring 2022 Application Word document, here.